Friday, January 8, 2010

STILL HERE. Max was up an ounce yesterday and all he had to do was go up one more tiny ounce in 24 hours and they would have let us go home today.....he lost two. He's just so uninterested in food and I think it's because it takes so much effort. For us, I think it's like playing soccer while drinking a milkshake. It's not worth the effort. He's still really congested and uncoordinated with his little suck. Since about 3pm today he seems to be a tiny bit more interested than the day before so maybe tomorrow will be the day. I'm not really worried about Max anymore. He's getting better everyday it's just ridiculously slow. Now that I'm not worried about Max, there's room in the worry part of my head for my other kids. I don't think I've really parented them since I went into the hospital for my c-section on Nov. 13th. I hope they don't come home with parent abandonment issues.
On a good note and a little bit of a pathetic one, Max learned how to smile while in the hospital. He started a couple nights ago and hasn't stopped smiling since. He smiles at the nurses, the doctors, the techs, the respiratory therapist but most often, he smiles at the ceiling.
I think he breaths better with his neck stretched back looking at the ceiling. So if your happy, and that's what you're looking at all day, might as well make friends with it.

4 comments:

  1. glad to hear Max is getting better. he is adorable. hope you are able to return home to your boys soon.
    Brit

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so darn cute! I'm sure he will be home soon. He has your tenacious genes doesn't he? Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad he's getting better! he looks so much happier without all the wires and tubes! good luck with the weight gain! we've been there! last week my boys finally went up and were over their birth weight (barely). we're going in tomorrow for another weight check i'm hoping they'll be at 6 lbs. i can't wait to meet your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the updates lee. max is such a cutie. the smiles are so sweet - totally melt your heart! we miss you and hope you're not going totally crazy. can't wait to hear about your safe arrival back to your nest. keep hangin' in there!!

    ReplyDelete