Sunday, January 3, 2010

MAX GETTING BETTER


The first picture is Max now and the second was Max for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year's Break. He got RSV on December 12th. He was hospitalized for 1 night on December 14th, brought home for one night, then sent to a large Pediatric Hospital in Charlotte on December 16th. The night we arrived his lung collapsed. They stabilized then intubated him that night. We are so grateful our pediatrician made the call to send us to Charlotte. Had we not been at the children's hospital when his lung collapsed the doctor said we would have been calling 911 and "it would have been a real mess." That was his way of saying he may not have made it. It's been an emotional roller coaster with our little guy having good days and scary days but he's recovering now. I was so sad I had to miss Christmas with my family in VA but so thankful they were all in town to take care of and distract my other kids. My family did so much driving and babysitting so that we could be by Max's bedside that I will never be able to repay them. Max is still in the hospital but only until he learns how to suck again. I guess after intubation and a couple weeks on heavy sedation, baby's can forget how..I thought it was a reflex but he definitely has no recollection of that skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment