Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I can't wait to get back to my other little dudes. We're still at the hospital but today I saw a light at end of this long tunnel. Although the NG tube (nose feeding tube) is still in, it's the first day in three weeks they didn't use it. He received everything orally, medications and food. He nursed exclusively without getting nose feed supplements...YEAH! The nurse said "well we'll weigh him tomorrow and see how it goes". My response was, "see how what goes and if it goes well what then, do I get to go home." She said "well no...I mean maybe the doctor will take the tube out." Tell me that doesn't sound a little prison-ish, early release is based on good behavior. But regardless, I wouldn't dare go home without the doctor having full confidence that I won't be back because of dehydration or his adorable smoker's cough. If he hasn't lost weight tomorrow and if they take out the NG tube, I'm guessing they won't keep me in much longer than one more day. That's the update.

2 comments:

  1. that picture of the boys is so cute. I can't imagine how much you miss them because i was soo sad when i left. Although dean is a pain and sometimes luke-I still miss them to death. Dean was my little buddy while i was at moms house.And luke said the Funniest things! Anyways i saw the pic of Max smiling and it almost brought me to tears. Man! It makes me so happy he is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute boys! I am hoping you are at home now and don't have time to read this :)

    ReplyDelete